Author Topic: Drove 18 hours with shitty luck to see Afro and he played a 5 minute set....  (Read 5751 times)

DStudz

Isnt this some shit???

Me and my girl planned a trip up in the rocky mountains to freely blaze it up and go to this fest that was goin on this past week. (Snowball Fest) We had some shitty ass luck gettin there too.

---------------------------------------------------
**READ THIS FOR MY SHITTY LUCK STORY**
I dropped my fuckin phone on a mountain highway... Then, got off the next exit and turned around to see if it was there. Then, i went to pull a U-Turn and hit some mile marker that was left laying on the side of the road bent upward, and covered with snow just enough that you couldn't see it. Which lodged itself into my muffler, causing me to spend 30 minutes to try and wave down a car to help us out since we didn't have a car jack or a phone... Then, drove it 40 miles back to a dealership that fixed it up in a couple hours. So we got our car back and got back on the highway only to see the "Low Fuel" light flashing. And, of course, there were NO gas stations around so we drove back to find one, and right as we hit the off ramp of the highway, the car shuts off... So i get out and push the fucker up the hill and run to the gas station nearby. Only to find it was closed so i had to run the opposite direction for an open one.... That was about the end of the streak but the bad luck kept comin.
---------------------------------------------------

**HERE'S MY "'FRO SHOW" STORY**
We had a good time at the fest but our main reason for being there was to see Afroman. I even had a sign ready to fly and waited 3 hours in the front row just to have the ultimate view of our favorite soul singing pot enthusiast.

We could tell somethin was up when the band before him kept playing passed their time and the show runners kept askin the audience for encores. Then, some drum line played which were amazing. After them, C-Way started to rap but did like 3 songs. Now by this time, Afromans time slot was almost over.

Amazingly, the big man himself comes out in a big ass fly coat and suit with his double-neck guitar and we were so fuckin excited to finally see him! He started the set with a nice soulful tune about weed and then did his own version of "Smoke Two Joints" by Sublime. Then, on the outro to that song, he put his guitar in his case, slid on his coat, and walked off stage...

Probably one of the most upsetting things that has happened to me and he barely EVER comes to Illinois (Where I'm unfortunately from...) I couldn't even get anything to remember his show by either because he had no merch in the "Band Merch Tent"...

So upset and disappointed. That was a VERY LONG drive home. :/

Afroman

hey man i am soo sorry  i gt these promoters that use me as a drawing card. i work for money so when a promoter tells me 2 songs i obey them . i realize that some people are bigger than me.  Sometime bands are bigger than me and i dont know it . the promoters told me that i was not the headliner so i figured people wanted me to hurry up and get out the way like i said before the promoters only let me do two songs . my van broke down had to rent a limo so when i got there i was in some one else time slot im truly sorry what town do you live in

DStudz

Yeah that sucks man. Those mountain highways just arent for us. and i understand that you had to follow the time slot. thats usually how fests are. I unfortunately live out in Channahon, Illinois. Its pretty much a cornfield and power plants next to some houses...

DStudz

Thanks for answering back by the way. Its good to know you still care for the fans. I've always enjoy the style and comedy you bring to music so I appreciate letting me know about what happened. I wrote that first post in a kind of sorrow-filled mood but I don't look down on you for that show. I think you should tour the mid-west sometime again though. That is if you're willing of course.

Afroman

any clubs in your town ?

DStudz

We have venues in Joliet, Illinois which is a bigger town south of Chicago. There's a place called "Mojoes" that has some bigger acts come through and then "Live 59" in Plainfield, Illinois. Those are the two closest to me but I don't think they feature 21+ shows. But there is a bar on the same strip as "Live 59" that everyone drinks at after shows haha.

Afroman

i have a couple shows in IL one is may 18th Darien Il plus i just picced up another show in Plainfeild on may 17th stay in touch ill get you in

DStudz

I'm more than down for that man! Me and my girl will be at the Plainfield one on the 17th! I check this site everyday so I'm sure I won't lose touch. Do you know the name of the place off hand?

Afroman

no but ill find out

DStudz

Right on man. Let me know when you find out please. And by the way i was gonna start playin acoustic shows since i decided to get real with my music a couple months back and got a solid set. So if you need an opener, that's one way i can get in haha. Underground's where i plan to stay though so either way, imma be there.

Sorry if i sound like a fool askin that haha.

Afroman

ill c whats up

DStudz

Sweet man thanks.

DStudz

Any word yet Fro?